From the Archives: June 4, 2011


This is the only picture I took of one of my favorite projects this summer.  I used some Ikea canvas fabric(outside and inside) and these two tutorials to create a pencil case for my sister-in-law's birthday present.  I wanted it to look as professional as possible, so I think that I ripped out the innards and redid them a few times.  Basically I wanted to hide all of the seams.  I took the above photo before I learned how to hide the corners inside the layers of fabric.  (You can see one peeking out of the top left corner.  Cheeky thing!)

My sister-in-law is studying French right now, so I embroidered the phrase "quelques petites choses" on the outside using some red thread.  In order to disguise the back of the embroidered section, Isnuck my hand between the inside and outside layers and sewed the invisible seam down the middle of the inside last..

When I was finished, I seriously considered keeping it for myself...Can't wait to get home and make another one!

Comments

Popular Posts