A New (to me) Treat

When B told me that he thought patatopites(pah-tah-TOE-pih-tez) should find a place in our Lenten recipe rotation, I was skeptical.  Not just a potato sandwich, but a french fry sandwich?  Where's the nutritional value?  What's the point of a carbohydrate sandwich?

Oh, friends.  I hadn't tried one.


Patatopites
more like suggestions rather than a full-blown recipe


french fries, baked in the oven and drizzled with olive oil
or
french fries, really fried(gasp!)
salt
dash of paprika
dash of cumin
wedges of lemon
pocketless pita, toasted
tomato, halved and sliced thinly
onion, halved and sliced thinly
tzatziki, optional


We sprinkle our fries with salt, sweet paprika, and cumin.  We then load the fries into the pita, squeeze on some lemon juice, and top with our personal favorites.  B likes everything, but hold the tzatziki for now, please.  I prefer tomato and extra onions.  Z will have only fries, and tzatziki if available.  M would like fries, lemon, and onion.   (I know, onion?)  

While this isn't an everyday meal, it's a very nice treat, especially before Christmas.  Enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts